3 Apr 2007

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Our family got a new member. Chiquita the Jack Russell's brother Batman the Cat was yesterday welcomed to The Blue House. I've never had a cat. I've only studied felines for physical theatre - you've got to appreciate their slinking - and I've always kept my distance. I've never really been friendly with one. Yesterday was, thus, spent on the floor trying to say a careful hello.

'Careful' didn't work at all. It was crash, boom, BANG, the sparks flew, and... he's in love with me. I can't sit to write without Batman jumping on my lap and purring like doomsday. He pulls my shirt with the sharpest nails I've been close to since the Hutus of the Philippines. Our faces are as close to each other as possible so that we can rub noses (?!). He even pounced when I was asleep so that poor little Chiquita didn't dare enter the bedroom. (She likes to sleep under the covers.)

Now we've two jealous animals craving for attention. Batman's snoring on my lap. I thought cats were loners?

2 comments:

charnel doze said...

Aha! I see I now have a cat photo and anecdote rival ;)

And it seems he is starting off well in providing material. Where did you get this mad beast from?

hannamime said...

Mad beast indeed! He's my boyfriend's sister's cat (her five and three year old boys named him Batman). Yesterday he was in a birch tree 40 feet high...

I'll take the challenge, but I've seen your stuff... yikes ;)