30 Apr 2007

For a few seconds back to Hong Kong 香港

It's funny how photos of childhood haunts can miraculously transport you back to a memory and a place you've unconsciously carried with you all those years.

A couple of days ago, I had a look at some family photo albums. They were filled with the green and orange of Hong Kong. There were pictures of rickshaws, the Star Ferry (were I lost a tooth), and humid days followed by nights filled with the sounds of tree crickets.

There's something about Hong Kong that fits my personality. The climate's one thing. The contrast between man-made high rises and peaceful nature is another. Round-the-clock 7-Elevens aren't bad either. I could write a list of all the perks and drawbacks of Hong Kong, but in the end, there's no competition, it's Home.

All this left me feeling terribly homesick. Can't wait to get back, 屋企!

No comments: